Our church values are guiding principles that determine our behaviors and decision-making priorities. As long as the things we do are rooted in one or more of these values, we know we are living out our authentic identity as a church.
Intimacy with God
Christianity is about relationship, not religion. God wants from you what nobody else can give Him: your devotion.
- “Come, let us bow down in worship. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, for He is our God.” PSALM 95:6
- “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near.” ISAIAH 55:6
At some point, the church became known as a place where people must “fake” their way through life. However, we value creating an environment where you can be real about where you are in life. We aren’t interested in being a church where a lot of people get together for an inspiring service but never move beyond casual relationships.
- “We loved you so much that we gave you not only God’s good news but our very lives as well.” 1 THESSALONIANS 2:8
- “So put away all falsehood and tell your neighbor the truth, because we belong to each other.” EPHESIANS 4:25
Cross Point is a place for people on every part of the spiritual journey, a place where you can belong even before you believe. It is a safe place for everyone. But safe doesn’t always mean comfortable. The Bible presents a dangerous message of life change. We expect every person to be moving closer to seeing Christ fully formed in their lives.
- “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God continually transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.” ROMANS 12:2
- “You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God’s likeness—righteous, holy and true.” EPHESIANS 4:24
God’s Unique Design of people
We celebrate the uniqueness of each individual. The Bible compares the church to the body of Christ with each person playing a vital, yet different, part. When Cross Point is functioning as the body, we are in effect the closest thing to Christ that a watching world will see until his return.
- “He is the one who gave these gifts to us to be apostles, prophets, evangelists and pastors and teachers, to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.” EPHESIANS 4:12
- “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus so that we can do the good things that he planned for us long ago.” EPHESIANS 2:10
We are learning that the Christian life is not about “us.” We have been given life to exalt Jesus as our supreme treasure, and we show that value by what we are willing to risk or sacrifice to have more of Him.
- “No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. Selling their possessions and goods they gave to anyone as they had need.” ACTS 4:32
- “All the believers were of one heart and mind.” ACTS 2:44
We understand that God’s calling on our church is to go beyond just serving inside the walls of our church. We are constantly looking for opportunities to honor God by serving others.
- “You are the light of the world—like a city on a mountain glowing in the night for all to see.” MATTHEW 5:14
- ”When the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” ACTS 1:8